What Should I Get My Mom for Mother’s Day?
It can be challenging to figure out good gifts for mom. All moms are different, but I can guarantee every mom really just wants to feel appreciated and loved. So what do you get your mom for Mother’s Day? I have created a Mother’s Day Gift Guide below to help you find the perfect gift for the wonderful mom in your life. You can love and appreciate your mom on any budget so do not fret.
Gifts for Mom for Free
There are so many wonderful gifts you can give for Mother’s Day. Fortunately many are free and only cost a little of your time. These free gifts will create memories to last a lifetime. Also you can combine these free gifts with any special purchase and it’ll make it that much more special!
- A handmade card
- A poem
- A song
- Fresh flowers from your garden
- Extra help with chores
- A compliment
- A nice breakfast
Most mothers are not hard to please, many will be thrilled that you took time to do something sweet for them. Don’t go crazy trying to do something totally out there, think simple. Use your resources and just do something special.
Gifts for Mom $5 and Under
Some of the best gifts you can give your mother are under five bucks! You do not have to break bank to give mama a little something to cherish for many years to come.
- A photo print of you and mom
- A nail polish (bonus: add a cute pun like, “you add color into my life” or ” you nailed it at being a mom!”)
- A DIY mug (purchase one of these white ceramic mugs and you can decorate it with a sharpie paint marker then stick it in the oven to seal)
- Her favorite candy bar or special treat (like those mini cheesecakes they have at Whole Foods, yum)
- A coffee ( I know some coffees cost a little more than five bucks, but she’s worth it right?)
Self care products make really great presents for moms. Often time moms are spending most of their day worrying about others, so it’s nice as a mother to receive something just for you. For an added bonus you can make it a mom-care day and make a spa like atmosphere for that wonderful mama in your life.
Gifts for Mom Under $10
If you have a little more to spend these inexpensive products are great gifts for mom. You know your mom best so shop according to what she loves.
- a cool sticker
- a keychain
- a face mask the beauty kind, not the ones you wear to the grocery store these days
- a Jane Austen book because Pride and Prejudice is the best
- a cute pair of undies, yes I said undies (only recommended if it is for your wife, don’t get this for your mother please)
- a fun kitchen gadget she does not have like a garlic press
Just get the book, it’s so good.
Gifts for Mom Under $20
- a cute tumbler for coffee, tea, or water
- attractive wall art
- kitchen towels
- a cute comfy tee
- a throw blanket
- a fresh bouquet of flowers (these can get pricey in Hawai’i but usually there are some nice ones for under $20)
Gifts for Mom Under $50
Wether you fall under the category of “Mother’s Day isn’t a real holiday” or “Mother’s Day is one of the most important holidays!” I think we can all agree that mom deserves a little something something. If you have $25 – $50 budget these gifts would make a great addition to your celebration or lack there of.
- a house plant (fiddle leaf fig, snake plant, & monstera are pretty cute)
- initial necklace with children’s initials
- a nice watch
- a cute pajama set or robe
- a skirt or dress
If you do go with a clothing option be sure to ensure there is a good return policy. The last thing you want to do is put stress on your mom for Mother’s Day. In case an outfit does not fit or does not look flattering make sure you can return your clothing gifts for mom.
Gifts for Mom Under $100
There are so many fun things you can get as gifts for mom that are under the $50 price point. I mean if you’re going to treat anyone, who better than your mom?
- custom jewelry with children birthstones
- a manicure or pedicure
- a $50 gift card to a store or restaurant she loves
- a nice wine or drink of choice
- a cleaning gadget or product that she might like
- essential oils or a cute diffuser we have this one
Gifts for $100 and Up
The truth is you don’t have to spend upwards of $100 on your mom for Mother’s Day, but you definitely can. Gifts for your mom this year might be simple and inexpensive and that is still wonderful. The main thing we mamas want for Mother’s Day is happy children. But here are some more great gift ideas for an even happier mom.
- gift certificate for a massage
- a family photo shoot
- quality jewelry is always nice (especially for mamas who like to be able to put it on and forget about it)
- a set of quality cookware
- KitchenAide stand mixer
- Instant Pot
- a rug (make sure you know which one she’s eyeing)
- this adorable full coverage swimsuit
- perfume (I recommend a smaller size bottle unless you know a scent she loves)
It Really is the Thought That Counts
Regardless of what you get the beautiful mama in your life, the fact that you thought of her will be so special. I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day and get to bless a mama in your life.
Click here for some of the best local businesses on O’ahu to shop for Mother’s Day.
Check out more here
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.